Alan P. Levy - Qualifications
- Virginia State Licensed DPOR #3380000929
- I am a member in good standing of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (View InterNACHI/Certificate of Membership on right).
- I abide by InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics.
- I follow InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Safe Practices for the Home Inspector course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Residential Plumbing Inspection course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Residential Electrical Inspection course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Roof Inspection course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s HVAC Inspection course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Exterior Inspection course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior Inspection course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Deck Inspection course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Moisture Intrusion Inspection course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Structural Issues Course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Safe Practices for Home Inspectors.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Fireplace, Stove and Chimney Course.
- I have completed InterNACHI’s Advanced Inspection of Crawlspaces
- 5) I have completed InterNACHI’s Mold Inspection Course
- I have completed the National Home Inspectors Examination (7/14/2015)
- I have completed NICA’s (Inspection Certification Associates) for 120 Hour Professional Real Estate Certification Program, Residential and Commercial
- I am available on Saturdays and Sundays.
- I own and use state-of-the-art equipment, such as gas leak detector, infrared (IR), zoom video digital endoscope, video recording portable flashlight camera and Sensorcon carbon monoxide sampler.
- I generate accurate, detailed easy-to-read inspection reports. Our reports not only provide the condition of the residence based on the International Association of Home inspectors SOP (standard operating procedures),but we include the detail of the home features, such as floor type, finishes, trim work, style and type of windows and doors, built-in cabinetry, attachments and more. Great presentation if you every re-sell your home.
- Defective Recognition and Report Writing
Completed the National Home Inspectors Exam (2015)
InterNACHI Member and Certified
InterNACHI Affiliated Certified Courses
Inspection Certification Associates 120 hour home inspection course (2015 old version)
Inspection Certification Associates 120 hour home inspection course (2015 new format)
Virginia State Property and Casualty Producers License (2012-2016)
Glaydin High School, Leesburg, VA (1975)
Glaydin High School, Bulle, Switzerland (1972-1973)
Catonsville Community College, Maryland and NOVA Reston, VA Pre-license exam for Maryland, Virginia and DC Property Casualty License (1983 and 1991)
Conklin Construction Company, construction demolition and renovations (1993-1995)
Washington D.C. Culinary Institute, Graduate Chef Program (1979)
Awards/Professional Affiliations/Designations/Community Services (Fireman’s Fund In-surance):
2006 Promotion Personal Lines Insurance – Director of the High Net Worth Department of all Accounts over $150,000
2006 Star Award for Agency Relations and Appreciation – Award include an annual agency appreciation trip to Cabo San Lucas
2006 Promotion to Senior Risk management Consultant
2006 Go for the gold appreciation award
2004 Territory evaluation specialist (Segregated Construction Cost Evaluations)
2004 Florida wind mitigation specialist
2003 Nomination John Myer Award
2003 Personal Best Award
2002 Palm Beach County Certified Red Cross Shelter Volunteer
Company and program participation (Fireman’s Fund Insurance):
- High Net Worth Concierge – Director Responsibilities
- Risk advisory, assisted underwriting in the evaluation and degree of risk involvement and acceptance
- First call claims notification 24/7
- Personal collections management to $1,400,000,000
- All personal lines accounts over $150,000 in written premium
- Developed standard practices and recommendations document for collections management “Protecting Your Collections, Preservation is a Paramount Importance”
- Senior Residential Consultant: residential loss control and construction cost analysis’s to $15,000,000, Apex sketching, ability to read blueprints, broker/agency presentations, local con-struction cost analysis, mentoring and training Risk Management Consultant’s with construction and material cost pricing, historical home evaluations (Palm Beach and Miami, Florida and 1700 to 1800’s Plantations in George and South Carolina). Ongoing relationship with selective custom home builders in SE Florida. Territories included: Palm Beach Island and Palm Beach, Broward, St Lucie, Martin, Indian River and Miami-Dade Counties.
- Underwriting Evaluations and Acceptability Personal Lines
- Agency roundtable participation
- Chihuly garden art glass research (Mr. Chihuly, Chihuly Studios Seattle, Washington)
- Structural wind mitigation and modeling (IntraRisk/ARA)
- Advisor on acceptable hurricane windstorm protection protocols
I would be honored by the opportunity to earn your business. Please contact me today and let’s work together on your next home inspection!